Monday, July 09, 2007

Fun Monday# 24


Deb the crazy stitcher/Deb's melon patch is the Fun Monday host this week. This is her request:

Show your favorite place to relax. It can be a chair, corner, ledge, or limb. :) Get out those cameras and take pics or just write how you feel when you are in your "zone"

When I read Deb's request my first thought was I don't actually have a favourite spot for relaxing, I tend enjoy where I am at any given time.
However this first photo is my dream location somewhere warm where I can sit on a beach and watch a beautiful sunset with my family around me. This was actually taken on Anna Maria Island Florida where we had a family holiday in 2003. On a hot summer evening I could equally enjoy being in a secluded cove in Cornwall.
The place where I spend a lot of time relaxing and laughing is in this chair infront of the computer where you all keep me entertained for hours at a time- like now! I love my bed, at the end of the day there is nothing I like better than feeling relaxed and cosy and settling down to read before sleep takes over. After coming back from holiday I have a lot of magazines to catch up on as you can see.
I have mentioned before that I love to sit outside my kitchen door on the little balcony. This is where I have breakfast and sit to read the paper when its warm enough- which is not as often as I would like in this climate!
This a lovely warm spot in my sitting room any morning throughout the year (when the sun is shining I have to partially draw the curtains as it's too bright to read- like today when I took the photo).
I sit with my feet up, bliss and fall asleep! I feel quite jet lagged so that's what I will be doing later after I've done the grocery shopping.
For TV viewing I sit here with mess alll around me (I didn't clear up last night's mug of Camomile tea before taking the photo and just out of sight there is a huge pile of newspapers and magazines (collected when I was away) for me to cut of tokens and do the crosswords before they are recycled. I would love to have a reclining chair as I think this would be the ultimate luxury and my chair is now so old and dated, but it's a dream at the moment as while I was away one of the TV's gave up the ghost and the washing machine is leaking profusely so replacing these has to take priority!

As you can see my chill out zone is quite ordinary and really a bit boring. I'll be over to visit you all during the next couple of days and I'm looking forward to seeing where everyone else relaxes!!

Labels: ,

30 Comments:

At 9/7/07 14:52, Blogger Debs said...

Nice spots to relax. I am in love with your kitchen balcony! Again I am jealous. LOL

 
At 9/7/07 15:46, Blogger Molly said...

Welcome back to the blogging world, I am glad that you are home safe and sound. Being able to relax anywhere is a gift, but Chris, you have shown some fabulous places to relax. I suspect that many Fun Mondayers relax in front of their computers.

 
At 9/7/07 17:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember you showing your balcony before and just loving it. It looks so peaceful!

 
At 9/7/07 17:38, Blogger Beccy said...

I'm looking forward to relaxing on the sofa with the green blanket when I visit next week!

 
At 9/7/07 18:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your little balcony is lovely, and the plants looks great there. It looks so peaceful.

 
At 9/7/07 18:31, Blogger Barbara said...

Welcome back. Lots of lovely places to relax in your house I see.

 
At 9/7/07 18:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't think of anything more relaxing than the sea shore. How I miss it!

 
At 9/7/07 18:51, Blogger MommaBoo said...

I love being outside!

Your sky pics are the best!

Thanks for sharing!

Happy Fun Monday

 
At 9/7/07 19:17, Blogger FH said...

Your garden chair looks so cozy to me!We NEED some shade today,it's burning literally here!:))
Nice picks for relaxing.I like all of them.

 
At 9/7/07 19:33, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm SO with you on the beachy sunset!! Your couch looks really really comfy!!

 
At 9/7/07 19:42, Blogger ChrisB said...

debs my balcony is very small but it's nice and colourful at this time of the year with all the flowers.

mjd I think I've shown most parts of my house in past posts.

joy t yes afraid the balcony has featured before but that just shows you it's a place I enjoy.

hannah you're right it is peaceful on the balcony!!

beccy it's ready and waiting!!

barbara it's back to reality now!

susan I would just love to live by the sea

jennyboo I love the outdoors.

asha unfortunately it's not that warm here today and we have had a few heavy showers of rain so no good for sitting outside worst luck!

tigger lamb girl I sometimes get a bit too comfortable there!!

 
At 9/7/07 20:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All those spots look worthy to me!!!

 
At 9/7/07 20:24, Blogger Steffi said...

Wonderful places to relax.I prefer the same places like you!

 
At 9/7/07 20:32, Blogger Robinella said...

I love the flowers on your deck. Those blues and purples are beautirific.

 
At 9/7/07 21:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of those 'spots' look like I could feel right at home.
Are those purple petunias on your deck? I love them.
Now, go find one of your 'spots' and relax.

 
At 9/7/07 21:36, Blogger Raven_Dase said...

you have some really nice places to relax! Sunni

 
At 9/7/07 22:33, Blogger Tiggerlane said...

I like your relaxing spots...especially the first one!

 
At 9/7/07 23:29, Blogger ChrisB said...

karmyn I think I probably spend most time in the computer chair!!

steffi I think lots of us bloggers have similar tastes.

robinella I nearly always choose the deep pink, blue and purple flowers, embee prefers the reds but I usually do the choosing, in fact I sent him off to get pinky/purple lobelia and he came back with the blue (he has the excuse that he's colour blind- but did he check - I don't think so)!!

swampwitch- spot on they are petunias; its been too wet and cold for outside relaxation today mores the pity as I'm still in holiday mode!

raven_dase why thank you

tiggerlane- if I lived by a beach I'd be there everyday!

 
At 10/7/07 00:00, Blogger Unknown said...

Swampy, you read mine before you came here, didn't you? Spots this and spots that, lololol.

 
At 10/7/07 00:19, Blogger theotherbear said...

Love that kitchen balcony, the flowers are gorgeous.
Also your lounge looks comfortable. I could well imagine curling up in that patch of sunn for a nap!

 
At 10/7/07 00:27, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Chris - I saw your post about looking at leather sofas.....go look at Laura Ashley -- they are having a MAJOR sale right now (that's where i got mine....I bought one on display in the shop and got 30% off!!). I'm so glad I did!!

 
At 10/7/07 01:28, Blogger willowtree said...

I like 'em all!!!!!!!

 
At 10/7/07 02:08, Blogger Pamela said...

kitchen and utility appliances all die in three's.


I always enjoy your home pictures. So inviting and comfy.

 
At 10/7/07 02:36, Blogger Kaytabug said...

Looks like your fave relaxing spots are the same as mine.

Your kitchen balcony is lovely. The colors just pop!

 
At 10/7/07 07:21, Blogger my4kids said...

That is a gorgeous beach photo and your computer chair looks so much more comfortable then mine!

 
At 10/7/07 11:07, Blogger ChrisB said...

theotherbear I had a comfy snoose there trying to get over my jet lag

tigerlambgirl I would never have thought of Laura Ashley-thank you but I have to put it onhold because of the TV and washing machine

WT-too kind but nothing exciting or unusual!

pamela I know and I'm already wondering what the other thing will be!!

katabug I noticed there are lots of similarities among us all.

my4kids don't be fooled by the chair its not as good as it looks!

 
At 10/7/07 16:57, Blogger Debbie said...

Those are wonderfully homey places to relax. I adore your balcony. The flowers are lovely.

 
At 10/7/07 17:01, Blogger AfKaP said...

I love that last chair! That is the kind I want for my imaginary place!! The flowers are SO pretty! I could relax any where with flowers! Your vacation pictures are lovely too!

 
At 11/7/07 13:25, Blogger sallywrites said...

Great holiday!

 
At 12/7/07 03:59, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps relaxing is little more than a state of mind, coupled with wonderfully comfortable places "to be". You have many to greet you at every turn in your home. I loved your outdoor spot and hope you have plenty of opportunity to enjoy reading there.

And the beach...ahhhh...you KNOW I love THAT picture! We just returned and I'm ready to go back RIGHT NOW :).

Happy Fun Monday just a bit late!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home