Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A day for quiet reflection




I am not posting a Witty Wednesday joke because this is a day for serious reflection and prayers as it's Livestrong Day. Barbara has been hosting a "Taste of Yellow' 144 bloggers participated in this event and she had done a brilliant round up so pop over and have a look. Barbara has shared her personal story as have many of the other bloggers, who have family and friends battling this awful cancer disease.

You might like to visit Terri at my4kids where you can read about a brave little girl called Kennedy who is being treated for Lukaemia.

Also I would like you to say a prayer for Sheena, a friend of my daughter Sam, who is just starting the battle and is in hospital at the moment. In the picture Sheena is in the pink top (4th along). This photo was taken at my house when Sam was on a visit about three years ago. The five have been friends through school and into their adult life so everyone is feeling very sad at the moment. Sam and Sheena were particularly close as teenagers when they were in their 'hippy' stage, and they did a lot together including taking off in Sam's old Morris car to go camping in Devon.

My prayers and thoughts are with all of you today and I will be wearing something yellow.


I'm also participating in the race for life on Saturday, (no not running I'll be walking it with my friend Tina), so wish me luck.

Labels:

19 Comments:

At 16/5/07 13:36, Blogger frannie said...

what a lovely tribute

 
At 16/5/07 13:55, Blogger FH said...

Beautiful Chris.I saw the round up too.My prayers are with everybody who have been affected.

 
At 16/5/07 15:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice post, Chris.
Good luck Saturday, I feel the least the rest of us can do is to try and get involved some way.

 
At 16/5/07 15:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, what is your team for the walk?

 
At 16/5/07 15:58, Blogger Unknown said...

All the very best to you all!

 
At 16/5/07 16:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PRAYERS FOR SHEENA!!!

I'm wearing yellow today! (I swiped my husband's shirt; Hee!)

And best of luck for Saturday. Thank you for walking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 16/5/07 16:38, Blogger ChrisB said...

Lisa, Tina and I are not in any team we just decided to do it together for of all the people we know who have been affected by cancer.

 
At 16/5/07 16:45, Blogger sallywrites said...

Good post Chris.

Good luck with Race for Life!!

 
At 16/5/07 17:20, Blogger Beccy said...

Good post Mum, I've been thinking of Sheena a lot.

 
At 16/5/07 17:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris- I was searching that site for you, hoping to add to your total:)

 
At 16/5/07 18:28, Blogger ChrisB said...

sally thanks I've been out doing a little practise walk today

beccy me too I'm waiting to hear some news via karen.

lisa I've just been over to see if you have an email address but as I couldn't find one I've left a comment on your post today.

 
At 16/5/07 21:00, Blogger Sam said...

you are making me cry at work, mum.

 
At 16/5/07 23:38, Blogger Barbara said...

A lovely post Chris. Thanks for the shout out. My thoughts are with Sheena and may she Livestrong today and every day.

 
At 17/5/07 05:20, Blogger BS said...

I have worn my LIVESTRONG bracelet constantly since the day my Dad was diagnosed with colon cancer almost 3 years ago. It seems to be part of my arm now, as I don't even notice that I am wearing it - it reminds me of how thankful my family is, each time I look down and see it. Prayers for everyone who has been affected and even those who have yet to be diagnosed. We all must LIVE STRONG.

 
At 17/5/07 05:30, Blogger my4kids said...

I'm so glad that so many are posting about this today. I have known a lot of people fight cancer in my life though this one with Kennedy has been different with her being just a little kid.
Prayers for Sheena and everything to go well!

 
At 17/5/07 10:06, Blogger enidd said...

enidd's thoughts are with sheena too. nice post, chris.

 
At 17/5/07 14:55, Blogger ChrisB said...

sam I love you be strong xx

bs my first husband is battling that one as well

barbara, my4kids and enidd
thank you all so much it means a lot to know you are all thinking of Sheena.

 
At 19/5/07 03:13, Blogger alisonwonderland said...

good luck and have fun with the race for life! i got to do something similar for the American Cancer Society several years ago with my mom, who is a breast cancer survivor.

 
At 19/5/07 21:56, Blogger ChrisB said...

alisonwonderland it was a fantastic afternoon, I don't think i've ever seen so many women and children all together well over 7,000, everyone had someone close to them affected by cancer. It's a good way to raise awareness and collect money for cancer research etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home