Thursday, October 16, 2014

Paris Part 1 Eiffel Tower

A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to visit Paris for the very first time. My eldest daughter had spent a week on a photo shoot in a Chateau and was able to add a few days to her trip before returning to California. My other daughter and her husband were also able to join us from Dublin which was lovely. We were staying in an apartment in Montmartre and could see Sacré-Cœur from the balcony window (some of you will have seen this on FB).



The family had all been to Paris before so on the afternoon we arrived I was allowed to choose a visit and decided on the Eiffel Tower! There was a huge queue so it was quite late by the time we actually got into a lift. The top floor was not open and that was a bit of a disappointment but there were some good views from all sides.
Actually took this shot from window of tour bus.

Looking up as we waited to buy tickets.

Lots of river cruises available.


Jardins du Trocadéro

Bridges over the Seine 

It's a long way down!!
My daughters are stood on the new glass floor sections ( reminded me of the CN  tower) I even managed to get my shadow in this shot!!!


I can now cross another thing off my bucket list!!









Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 16/10/14 15:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos!!

 
At 16/10/14 17:39, Blogger Pamela said...

Awww.. how lovely and exciting!

 
At 16/10/14 22:42, Blogger ChrisB said...

Thanks John. We certainly packed a lot into 3 days Pamela!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home