Thursday, February 06, 2014

My family are the best.

Last month I had a major birthday. I was hoping it would just pass me by as I didn't really want to draw attention to my 'three score years and ten' When I was growing up that was considered 'life expectancy' and you did well to reach that ripe old age!!

Those who are FB friends will know that my youngest daughter, Beccy, and my two youngest grand children arrived on my doorstep from Dublin on the day. It was a lovely surprise and I thoroughly enjoyed their overnight visit, they even brought me a cake with a 'few' candles.

I always love the cards they make; so the purpose of this post is to keep a record that I can look back on and enjoy in the future.

Just after they arrived.
Beccy made a lovely doorstop out of some of my old skirt material.

Hope you can read Mollie's card (she knows me so well!) They always groan when I want to take a photo every time I see them!

From Ben

Dillon very cleverly made this pop up card. 

Beccy knows I love this colour!

Other daughter Sam had one of her photos made into a card (she is currently trying to develop a career in photography)
So if you haven't guessed I'm now starting my next decade!!!


So this is why I am so lucky to have such a wonderful family-thank you everyone for making my birthday so memorable x

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 9/2/14 14:41, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Your family really does this card thing very well.

 
At 9/2/14 22:53, Blogger ChrisB said...

AC I'm bias but they really do :)

 
At 2/4/14 00:43, Blogger Beccy said...

*smile*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home