Sunday, February 10, 2013

What's for dinner!

There will be few of you who will not have heard that Findus Foods have been passing off horse meat as beef. Now Embee says he's eaten it and as far as he's concerned there is nothing wrong with it! Having tried all sorts of foods (meat), particularly, when visiting other countries, I'm not really sure why I don't fancy horse meat!
Recently during the snowy weather we did some shopping at out local Farm Food shop. They had a Findus offer running and, as it now turns out I bought one of the beef lasagnes just to have in the freezer as a stand by!

 Looking at the ingredients it says 25% beef -no mention of horse meat!!!! I'm hoping that the shop will give me a refund. If not Embee can eat it; only fair as he likes horse meat LOL.

However, this is not what's for dinner. We are having our first serving of this:



The crop this year is poor but if I can get a few serving I'll be happy!

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At 10/2/13 14:08, Blogger Jill said...

ewww. lol. I'm not sure we'll ever get to horse meat over here. I'm amazed that you have garden stuff already!

 
At 10/2/13 14:19, Blogger Sandy said...

I am not sure why we are all so squeamish about horse meat either but I'm with you! Someone else can have my share.

My entire yard is still brown so I'm with Jill on this, amazed that you already have garden stuff!

 
At 10/2/13 14:20, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I guess it's what we get used to or don't as in the case of horse meat.

 
At 10/2/13 15:59, Blogger Unknown said...

Horse meat is good, it should be advertised as such though.

 
At 10/2/13 19:15, Blogger ChrisB said...

Jill and Sandy we only have these few plants in a raised bed everywhere else is still in winter mode!

I can tell you all that the sprouting was so tender only took a few mins to cook.

AC and John I'm sure you are right and I guess if there was nothing else I might give it a go!

 
At 10/2/13 20:35, Blogger Beccy said...

Joules, Dillon and Ben had burgers yesterday (Tesco ones bought before the horse meat saga. I passed just in case....

Joules says yum yum bring on the horsemeat, I say tell us what we're eating!

 
At 10/2/13 21:48, Blogger ChrisB said...

Beccy it has apparently been going on for more than a year! We rarely have beef burgers so I don't need to worry about those! Just got the one rogue lasagne!

 
At 19/2/13 12:38, Blogger Steffi said...

It´s always very scary to hear and see what´s happend whit our groceries(food).I am sure it´s still not the top of this scandal.

 
At 19/2/13 12:54, Blogger ChrisB said...

Steffi I'm sure you are right-it's very worrying!

 
At 29/9/23 03:17, Anonymous The Minimari said...

Apprreciate this blog post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home